Summary of Key Points
- We do not sell your data.
- The Site complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act (the "CCPA"). If you are a resident of California, please see the “California Residents” section below. If you are a resident of Nevada, please see the “Nevada Residents” section below.
How we collect and use your data
How we collect Personal Data depends on how and why you use our Site and/or our Services. We collect Personal Data directly when you submit it to us, as a Visitor or Customer, as well as indirectly, such as through the use of automated technologies or from third parties. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most suitable services and experiences, we may combine information provided by you with information from third-party sources, in accordance with applicable laws.
Personal data we collect
When Visitors use or browse our Site, we collect certain information about their devices, including information about their web browsers, IP addresses, time zones, and some of the cookies that are installed on their devices. Additionally, as Visitors browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that viewed, what websites or search terms referred the Visitors to the Site, and information about how Visitors interact with the Site. We refer to this information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Choosing to decline certain cookies may result in decreased functionality on 123BabyBox.com and the Site’s Services.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
If a Visitor chats with us for support services, subscribes to our blog or other newsletters, submits a request through our Contact Us form, or requests to download other content, we may also collect the Visitor’s: name, title, email, phone number, company name, country and IP address. We refer to this information as “Visitor Data.”
We use this Visitor Data to provide the Visitor with the information or materials requested, including marketing materials, newsletters and other related content, perform analytics on how the Site, Platform, and Services are used, improve the use of the Site, Platform, or Services, and for other legitimate business purposes.
Data provided by our Customers (“Customer Data”)
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers) email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Customer Data.”
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Customer Data that we collect for certain legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to the following:
- to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- to provide you access to and use of the Site and Services, including registering as a Customer;
- to deliver Services to our Customers;
- to improve and enhance your experience with the Site and Services including the content;
- to retain records as may be required for tax, legal, and financial purposes;
- to understand how you access, use and interact with the Services in order to provide technical functionality, develop new services, and analyze your use of the Services;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with customer support in connection with your use of the Services;
- to detect fraud, illegal activities, or security breaches;
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services; and
- to provide information to regulatory bodies when legally required.
For Customers in California, please see the CCPA section below.
We use the Device Information and Visitor Data that we collect for certain legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to the following:
- to detect fraud, risk, illegal activities or security breaches (in particular, your IP address);
- to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns);
- to retain records as may be required for tax, legal, and financial purposes; and
- to provide information to regulatory bodies when legally required.
Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store -- you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Unless you and the Site have agreed otherwise, we generally do not directly collect your payment information and we do not store your payment information. We use a third-party payment processor, such as PayPal, which collects payment information on our behalf in order to complete transactions such as to pay Contributors. While our administrators are able to view and track actual transactions via the third-party payment processor’s customer portal, with the exception of the last 4 digits of your credit card, credit card type, zip code and expiration date, we do not have access to or process your credit card information.
As we continue to grow, we may sell the business, merge with other entities, and/or sell assets or stock, in some cases as part of a reorganization or liquidation in bankruptcy. As part of these transactions, we may transfer your Personal Data to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which the Company participates, or to a purchaser or acquirer of all or a portion of the Company’s assets, bankruptcy included.
Legal Obligations and Security
If we are required to disclose Personal Data by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena, warrant, or other judicial or administrative order, our policy is to respond to legal mandates that are properly issued.
Note that if we receive information that provides us with a good faith belief that there is an exigent emergency involving the danger of death or serious physical injury to a person, we may provide information to law enforcement trying to prevent or mitigate the danger (if we have it), to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://thenai.org/about-online-advertising/faq/.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Automated decision making
The Site may use automated decision making using a variety of signals derived from account activity to help identify and suspend accounts sending spam or engaged in other abusive or fraudulent activity or who have not engaged with us for an extended period of time. Holders of accounts suspended under these circumstances are notified of the suspension and given an opportunity to request human review of the suspension decision.
How we keep your data safe
Your personal information and files are stored on Shopify’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
We cannot guarantee, ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to the Company. All transmissions of information are done at the sender’s own risk. Once we are in possession of information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of the information within our systems.
By using this Site, Platform or Services or by providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of this Site, Platform or Services.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Customer Data for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors without the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian.
The Company is required under the CCPA to provide certain information to California residents about how we collect, use, and share their personal information, and about the rights and choices California residents may have concerning their personal information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning provided in the CCPA.
Rights Afforded to California Residents
California consumers have the following rights under the CCPA with respect to their Personal Information. Please understand, however, that these rights are not absolute, and we may decline requests as permitted under applicable law.
- Right to Request Access.You may submit a request that the Company disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected, used, or disclosed about you in the past twelve (12) months.
Without having to submit a request to access your personal information, you have the right to know what categories of personal information the Company has collected from consumers generally within the past 12 months, where we got it, why we collected it, and with whom we shared it.
- Right to Request Deletion.You may submit a request that the Company delete the personal information that we have about you.
- Right to Opt out of Sale of Personal Information.You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. The Company does not sell your Personal Information.
- Right Not to Receive Discriminatory Treatment.You have the right to exercise the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA without discriminatory treatment.
123 Baby Box is legally obligated to verify your identity when you submit a request. We may request additional information from you to verify your identity. If you submit a request to delete your personal information, you will also be required to confirm the deletion request by email. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. Your authorized agent must submit proof that you have provided them with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code Sections 4000 to 4465. 123 Baby Box may deny a request from a purported authorized agent who does not provide proof of authorization to act on your behalf.
Please understand that we are not obligated to provide you with a copy of your personal information more than twice in a twelve (12) month period pursuant to the CCPA.
123 Baby Box does not sell your personal information pursuant to the definitions under Nevada law.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
123 Baby Box
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Most recent date updated: March 7, 2022